A checkout process is the series of steps a customer follows to purchase the items in their shopping cart in an eCommerce store. This includes every step that a customer goes through to proceed through to checkout. An ideal checkout flow will have a smooth, frictionless user experience.
The typical checkout process for a customer is:
Shopping cart > billing info > shipping info > shipping method > preview order > payment > confirmation.
Physical goods will require shipping details and methods to be input while Digital products won’t require shipping information or shipping method, as they will be downloaded or accessible after purchase.
The checkout process is long and repetitive making it a bad experience for users, some of these problems include:
- Making account creation compulsory.
- Too Lengthy or Complicated Checkout Process.
- Not Accepting customer’s preferred Payment Method.
- Lack of Brand trust.
- Accepting Majorly Credit/Debit Card thereby making shoppers without Card unable to checkout.
We are looking for ways to enhance the e-commerce checkout processes by addressing the following:
- Reducing the number of checkout steps,
- Reducing the number of form fields,
- Ensuring checkout is mobile-friendly,
- Avoiding the request for Card Info,
- Ensuring a modern design and
- Make the one-click checkout process possible.
Achieving these solutions through Kuda
Kuda is a Nigerian free digital-only bank that was founded in 2017. With over 1.4M growing users and by adopting one-click checkout with KUDA, existing users could make use of funds in their account to make purchases online thereby reducing the use of Debit Cards.
The User flow shows the process shopper would follow starting from the merchant cart page with a call-to-action to check out normally or to checkout with Kuda. By checking out with Kuda, the shopper would be able to checkout with a click. If it was the first time the shopper is using the Checkout with Kuda functionality, then signing in and verification via SMS or with Kuda App is compulsory, this is necessary to validate and authenticate the shopper.
DESIGN SPRINT PROCESS
The Design Sprint documents show my process, PRD, User Research, Testing, and User Feedback.
THE FULL PROTOTYPE
- Shopping online without having to use a Card,
- Checking out without having to provide your personal or Card Info repetitively,
- Checkout with just one click.
- Leveraging existing funds on Kuda Account to make purchases.
- Remove the fear of providing the card information details to an untrust brand.
- Increase orders as the checkout processes are easy and seamless.
- Leveraging the Kuda brand to build brand trust as new brands.
- Increase sales.
- Seamless integrations through API, Widget, and Plugins.
- Increase the adoption of Kuda for Business: Many people know Kuda to be a Consumer Bank, but unknown to many is that, they also provide options for businesses, implementing this would increase the use of kuda for Business.
- Competitive Advantage.
- Increasing users’ engagement: Money saved in the bank is used for different things, using it to make a purchase online is one of them, so it shouldn’t be limited to purchasing airtime or utility bills alone on Bank App.
- Improve Brand position in the Marketplace.
- Increase revenue.
- And many more as you too can figure out! 😊
Thanks for reading through and scrolling to the end 😊.