Affiliativity is an affiliate marketing management platform designed for both affiliate marketers and digital product creators to sell digital products through affiliate marketing.
- Created and Managed the Product Roadmap
- Managed the Product Vision
- Conducted Market Research to Look for Gaps
- Designed the product User Experience (UX)
- Collaborated with the Product and Marketing Team
- Developed the product with both Frontend and Backend Engineers
IDENTIFYING A PROBLEM AND IDEATION
The Idea came when I was designing a landing page for a company, at the footer of the design I wanted to add an Affiliate Program link to it, the question that came to my mind was why? because most companies do and affiliate marketing is one of the ways companies generate revenue through marketing with less cost. The idea that came to my mind was how about having a platform for companies to manage their affiliate and track their sales while potential affiliates could come to the platform and check the list of available companies with the products and services to earn a commission for recommending them to the potential customer and while the platform manages their payouts.
To validate my idea, I did market research, user research and came up with hypotheses/assumptions
Based on Google Trends data, worldwide search for the keyword “affiliate marketing” has steadily increased in the past five years, peaking at 100% in June 2021. The steady increase could be due to the growth of eCommerce, as businesses, including those that solely have physical stores, began to explore how they can promote and sell products and services online.
Statistics show that by 2022, the affiliate marketing industry is expected to reach an estimated worth of $12 billion. This number has exceeded about thrice its worth in 2015.
User research focuses on understanding user behaviors, needs, and motivations through observation techniques, task analysis, and other feedback methodologies.
To understand the target users’ needs and pain points, I interviewed affiliate marketers, but instead of having to reach companies, I interviewed creators instead.
My hypothesis is for two different target users – Affiliates and Creators
“Affiliate marketers want to make money by recommending and promoting others people products”
“Digital product creators want to have more sales on their products by giving a certain commission for every sale made”
CUSTOMER INTERVIEW INSIGHTS
Toward validating my hypothesis, I interviewed customers, the results show that:
- 80% of affiliates would promote products of high value as long they are going to get paid.
- 66% of the product creators would allow affiliate marketers to promote their products while giving them a certain commission.
Affiliativity is an affiliate marketing management platform that focuses on helping affiliate marketers or anyone who wants to make money through affiliate marketing to earn by sharing and promoting digital products of their choice, while also allowing digital product creators to leverage affiliate marketing to enhance and boost their product sales.
Product Model Canvas
The product canvas shows details about the product vision, goals, target audience, and product details.
- I designed the user experience (UX)
- I worked with a backend engineer to come up with the database architecture
- I reviewed the frontend UI delivered by the Front-end engineers using HTML5, CSS3, JS and Bootstaps
- I developed the product using PHP/Laravel for Affiliate Dashboard, Vendor Dashboard, and Admin Dashboard
- I developed the blog section of the product using Content Management System – WordPress
- I worked with a marketer to come up with the Marketing Plan for the product
The product is currently live to check through, kindly visit https://affiliativity.com/
- How to ensure that idea is desirable to the customers, scalable, and commercially viable to avoid waste of time and resources.
- During the project, I learned how to analyze customers’ pain points and needs.
- Ensured the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) is a fully functional working version that’s ready to go to the market and collect feedback.
- How to communicate with engineers effectivity using technical keywords.
- How to test the entire product with the user to ensure easy navigation without technical errors.
- While the product is still in the development phase, a waitlist subscription is one of the ways to get testers and early adopters for the product.