Online consultation platform that enables farmers to expand their well-being, by allowing them to develop and improve local and regionally in both cultivations of food and livestock services by connecting them with experts.
This is a Capstone Project, and I worked with a Team of Seven(7) including me to achieve this. The team consists of two (2) Product Designers, two (2) Software Developers, and three (3) Product Managers while I led the team.
- Worked collaboratively with the UI/UX Designers to come up with the first draft User Persona and survey questions toward validating our assumptions.
- Worked with Product Managers to write PRDs, User Stories, and come up with Product Roadmap.
- Managed the execution of the project and provided a guide to the Software Developers.
- Reviewed deliveries from the Designers, Product Managers, and Software Developers.
- Presented our milestone and final product to the stakeholders.
Farmers are faced with various challenges from insufficient financial support, lack of access to better fertilizers, lack of information, market access, and transportation challenges to meet up with rising demands which involve producing more high-quality foods.
Among all these challenges, limited access to the information stands as a root challenge for most small-scale and mid-sized farmers facing today in Africa with most farmers missing out on new and improved farming methods which greatly limits their output.
Our approach is inspired by our determination to improve the agricultural landscape in Africa.
Farmsolhub provides an online consultation platform that enables farmers to expand their well-being, by allowing them to develop and improve local and regionally in both cultivations of food and livestock services by connecting them with experts.
- To validate our assumptions that – “limited access to the information stands as a root challenge for most small-scale and mid-sized farmers facing today in Africa“, I and the UX Designer came up with survey questions that would bring us clarity.
- I reviewed and refined the User Persona, and User Flow provided by the UI/UX Designers.
- UI/UX Designer came up with the low-fidelity wireframe and did usability testing for feedback.
- Understanding our timeframe, I came up with the Product Roadmap with other Product Managers and shared it with the whole team for all of us to be aware of our journey toward execution.
- After the users’ feedback has been put into consideration, UI/UX Designer came up with the High-fidelity Wireframe (UI) and final prototyping.
- The product was developed by the engineering team and it was launched successfully.
- Through the survey response, 80% of the farmers confirm that they need experts to help and provide guidance on their farming business.
- Participants confirm that the platform is easy to navigate.
- Stakeholders approved the project.
- Google Docs, Excels, Figma, Miro, WordPress & PHP